Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Good Times

Photo: thefashiondirectory.com/
 
Continuing with "40 MY way" mantra, my goals were simple - get out with friends more (I tend to work more then I play) and seek out new experiences and adventures.

With that said, I wanted a way to reflect at the end of 2013 over what I had accomplished and celebrate all of the new things I experienced, so I needed a way to easily keep track of these adventurous outings.

To accomplish this, I've employed an oversized chianti glass vase and cut up slips of paper to write down my jaunts, the date, and who I did them with, if anyone. For example, playing with a tiger cub at Dade City Wild Things went down on a slip of paper and into my chianti glass. The Painting with a Twist Lonely Palms evening with my mom, learning how to paint a picture of "Lonely Palms" on canvas with acrylics was recorded and placed celebratorily into my vase.

My vase is quickly rising to the top with all the fantastical events, outings, and cool stuff I'm doing. If you're looking for the vase, you can find them at Michael's or generally at your local arts and crafts stores.

Let me know what ideas you have for keeping track of your adventures and successes throughout this year!

Live it your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment